This dish is very typical of Naples and it is prepared at least once a week in a Neapolitan family because it is too good!!!
Ingredients for 2 people:
- a handful of black olives from Gaeta area North of Naples(pitted)
- a handful of saltedcapers
- 500g of Piennolo tomato puree
- a clove of garlic
- 250 gr. of spaghetti
- 4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Put oil in a saucepan with garlic cut into small pieces,
and the pitted olives
- After few minutes add the tomato puree
- Take the capers rinse them quickly leaving some salt grains on them; mince them and add to the sauce; cook for 15 min and adjust the salt content by add more of it if needed ( usually using our
method you will not have to do add salt because ‘capers already contain salt)
- In the meantime cook the spaghetti and when they are “al dente” (that means they can be cut by your teeth neasily but they are not too soft or chewy)
- Raise the spaghetti with a big fork and plounge them in the sauce. Stir them on medium heat until the sauce sticks on the spaghetti then serve.